Probate law ensures that all debts are paid and property goes to the people intended by the deceased. It is nothing to fear, especially if you have trained and experienced guidance. We can be your guide.
Kentucky Probate Law
Probate follows what is typically a painful, emotional loss. Whitney Dunlap and his staff specialize in probate law and know how to ease the stress of this difficult time by guiding executors and beneficiaries through the process. We will help you and your loved ones:
- Outline the process and your responsibilities
- File the Petition to Probate the Will
- Identify the Heir and Beneficiaries
- Gather the assets and identify the debts
- Open and close bank accounts and bank boxes
- Work with stock brokers and auctioneers
- Handle claims made against the Estate
- Hire accountants and professionals, if needed
- Prepare and file income tax and estate tax returns
- Distribute assets to Heirs and Beneficiaries
- Deed real estate to Beneficiaries
- Close the Estate
Even in apparently straightforward estate cases, there are sometimes disputes between beneficiaries. Should the need arise, Dunlap Law Firm and its staff will maintain a professional courtroom presence to dispel the emotionally charged process of probating a challenged will, disputed executor, or judicial decision. Whitney Dunlap will try to dissolve family disputes amicably and, when necessary, assertively defend his client’s beneficiary rights within the Kentucky probate court.
The death of a loved one and the different expectations of family, heirs and beneficiaries can cause great stress. Different people can see the same thing in different ways, like what a Will or Trust says, or what the deceased intended or meant to accomplish. Dunlap Law Firm has helped clients contest being excluded from a Will, supporting the Will against claims from estranged children, enforcing the claims of care givers, and battling the exercise of undue influence or the mental incompetency of an ill person who wrote a Will. If you are concerned with how an Estate is being handled, contact us. We will be able to help you.